Key Features & Benefits
- Combines various feed-active organic acids with broad spectrum anti-microbial activity.
- Inhibits and controls microbial load in feed and raw materials.
- Proven efficacy against Salmonella, E. coli, and other common microorganisms in feeds and raw materials.
- Non-toxic and non-corrosive allowing for easier handling of the product and reduced wear and tear of equipment.
How Flamotin® Antimicrobial Works
Organic acids penetrate the cell walls of harmful bacteria such as Salmonella spp., E. coil, C. perfringens, Listeria monocytogenes, and Campylobacter spp. in undissociated form, ionize and acidify cells’ internal environment These pH-sensitive bacteria cannot tolerate a wide internal and external pH gradient, so the acidification disrupt normal physiology of the cells and inhibits baterial growth. Also, the anionic part of the organic acids that cannot leave the bacteria in its dissociated form will accumulate within the bacteria and disrupt many metabolic functions, leading to osmotic pressure increase and result in poor survival of the bacteria.
- Flamotin® R: The feed-active broad spectrum anti-microbial in powder form for feeds.
- Flamotin® R LIQUID: The feed-active broad spectrum anti-microbial in liquid form for feeds.